Philanthropy’s Promise celebrates funders that apply two high impact strategies in their grantmaking: targeting grant dollars to address the needs of underserved communities, and empowering them by funding advocacy, organizing and civic engagement.
A broad cross-section of the country’s grantmakers – big foundations, small foundations, private foundations, family foundations, corporate foundations community foundations and other public grantmaking charities – have signed on to this initiative by submitting public statements affirming their intent to meet the goals described below within the next three years:
- At least 50 percent of their grantmaking explicitly benefits at least one underserved community.
- At least 25 percent of their grantmaking explicitly supports nonprofit advocacy, community organizing and civic engagement.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Philanthropy's Promise
- Grantmakers that have signed on to Philanthropy's Promise
- Become part of Philanthropy's Promise