NCRP STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK ROLLOUT – SAN FRANCISCO
Our seventh NCRP Strategic Framework Rollout event was held Feb. 7, 2017, in San Francisco. The following themes emerged from the discussion at this event (most popular in bold):
- Funders need to be less risk averse; now is not the time to be timid.
- Mainstream associations of funders are not as vocal as they should be.
- Funders are the problem and should look within.
- Funders need to be responsive and accountable to the public.
- When considering funders’ resources, it’s not only grantmaking for the public benefit, but also the investment side.
- Issue silos are restrictive. How can grantmaking fund at the intersection?
- Philanthropy could speak collectively on social movement issues to bring in unlikely players.
- Living donors can have direct conflict of interest with grantees.
- As the role of labor is shifting and declining, what is philanthropy’s role?