NCRP Strategic Framework Rollout – Washington, D.C.
Our first NCRP Strategic Framework Rollout event was held Nov. 28, 2016, in Washington, D.C. The following themes emerged from the discussion at this event (most popular in bold):
- Many states are funding deserts for 501(c)4s, organizing, etc.
- Funding practices that get in the way of infrastructure building for social change need to be confronted.
- Funders that didn’t show up need to be given a reason to participate – build community and perhaps NCRP can host more conversations like this.
- There needs to be more engagement of working class people in civic life.
- People have been miseducated about our history, and our social and political legacies.
- We need to be bold and spend the money we need to spend to get it done.
- Leadership development is capacity development and shouldn’t be neglected.